Thursday 4th March 2021
World Book Day!
In 2021 World Book Day, just like everything else, will be different. We’ve adapted to make sure that World Book Day sends a powerful and positive message about books and reading, even in lockdown. Please find below a list of activities you can do throughout the whole week!
- Book token - real and virtual. We will be giving each child a book token on Monday 8th when all children are back in school. https://www.worldbookday.com/books
- Dress up on Thursday 4th March for World Book Day! Please dress up as your favourite book character.
- Decorate an item at home that relates to a book (paper plate/wooden spoon/lolly stick/potato/pebble/t-shirt etc).
- Reading stories as a family
- Discussing favourite stories and having 'book talk time'
- Reading treasure hunt
- Reading stars challenge https://www.worldbookday.com/reading-stars/
- Design a bookmark
- Take a photo of yourself reading in a funny place!
- Competition - design a new book token. https://www.worldbookday.com/competitions/design-a-national-book-token-2021/
- Masterclass video (including resources) https://www.worldbookday.com/online-masterclasses
- Illustrator session with Rob Biddulph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpgrJijMpk_pyp9uTbxLdg
- Audiobooks are available from the 18th February https://www.worldbookday.com/world-book-of-stories/
- 'Share a Story Live' event (On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week) https://www.worldbookday.com/events/
- Create a book in a box for others to guess the story (e.g. objects that relate or make a scene or location)
- Create a story den corner and share some stories together
If you want to find some extra resources there are lots of great ideas on the website below