Parent, Teacher & Friends Association
Winscombe Primary School
Registered Charity number: 1041266
ROLE OF SECRETARY
Purpose of Role:
The Secretary supports the Chair to build effective communication links between the school and the association and maintains accurate records (see below).
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Prepares for meetings (with the Chair)
- Takes minutes at meetings, recording attendance, action points, decisions and proposals
- Circulates approved minutes, along with a reminder of any actions agreed
- Maintains association records
- Updates trustee details with Charity Commission (as appropriate)
- Assists the Chair writing the annual report for the association
- May be a signatory on the PTFA bank account (along with at least one other committee member)
- Handles written and email correspondence received for the association
- Organised and efficient – keeps accurate records in a format that can easily be handed over to successor.
- Good listener – able to identify key discussion points, actions and agreements at meetings to accurately record in minutes.
- Calm, friendly and approachable –able to communicate confidently with the school and committee.