Welcome to Year 5!
Our class teacher is Miss Perry
(she doesn't like rain and tents...at the same time!)
She does love her dog Amber, the countryside, walks on the beach and travelling the World :)
~ Miss Perry's Inspiring Quotes ~
Life in Year 5
We have lots of helpers in our class. Our brilliant teaching assistants are:
Mrs Griffin ~ Monday, Tuesday and Friday morning
Mrs Horwood ~ Thursday afternoon
We also have Mrs Mistry on a Tuesday morning to help us with booster groups.
We have Music lessons with Mrs Worthy and French lessons with Mrs Harding.
We also have lots of help from parents and extended family members too...a huge thank you to Mr Cheater who comes and hears us read every week. Mrs Townsend will also be helping us this year.
We also have Mrs Upperton and Mrs Weber helping us with comprehension groups.
Things you need to know
Every day you need to remember to bring to school:
We have P.E. lessons on a Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
Please make sure you always have your kit in.
Homework will be given out on a Tuesday, due in the following Monday.
There will be a spelling test on a Monday.
Spare copies will be available in the homework tray on the wall in the classroom. If you are ill or away please make sure you remember to take it to complete.
Term 1 and 2
....have a look at what we got up to!
We did so much great learning and had lots of fun experiences during our first two terms.
- Visited Weston Museum,
- Had gymnastic lessons at Gemini gymnastics in Nailsea,
- Increased our fitness levels by running the daily mile most days,
- Watched Newsround and had really interesting discussions about what is going on in the world around us,
- Created amazing projects and immersed ourselves in a Space day,
- Performed poetry to the school and our parents,
- Created superb writing projects linked to our Space work,
- Explored lots of investigations and become more confident at using our oral explanations in maths,
....the list goes on!
Lots of us got awarded a STAR certificate for being a super Year 5 pupil and lots of us achieved our Bronze, Silver or Gold certificates.
Term 3 and 4
Anglo Saxons & Vikings coming soon ...