Welcome to Red Class
Mrs Mistry teaches Red Class on Monday
Mrs Pemberton teaches Red Class for the rest of the week.
Our amazing classroom assistants are Miss Hardwick and Mrs Bush.
A big THANK YOU to Mrs Williams who comes in to help us on Thursdays.
This week in Red Class
Term 6 Week 6
Sports Day - Tuesday 11th July (morning) or Friday 14th July (morning)
Class trip - Thursday 13th July
Sponsored dance - Friday 14th July
Term 4 Week 2 . Have a look at our busy week.
Term 3 - We're Going on a Dinosaur Hunt
We started this term with a number week and after that we have been learning all about dinosaurs.
* We explored numbers inside and outside
* We found an ice cave in the classroom with an egg in it. A dinosaur hatched out of the egg. It was a girl and we called her Ruby. Ruby is taking it in turns to come home and visit us. We are writing a diary about her adventures.
* We have made dinosaur art inside and outside
* We have celebrated Chinese New Year
* We have played Wheelchair basketball
* We have loved listening to some Rock music
Term 2 - Light and Dark
We have been learning all about Light and Dark and different celebrations
* We drew firework pictures and made some firework art. We then made some large firework art with our Year 5 buddies. We made a class guy for the bonfire. A big THANK YOU to the PTFA for an amazing firework night
* We celebrated Diwali with Mrs Mistry and Class 1 from Sandford school
*We celebrated Children in Need day dressing up in something spotty as we made 'little lemon lollies' for the phoneme ' l'
* We had a dark tent in the classrooom and explored light in there.
* We have had mystery readers come into our class and read us their favourite children's stories. Max's dad is a Policeman, he read us a story all about the police which inspired us to make our role play area into a police station. Thank you mystery readers for sharing your stories and time with us.
* We celebrated Christmas by writing letters to Santa and visiting the Post Office in the village. We put on our Christmas Nativity with Yellow class and Blue class. We went to the pantomime at the Bristol Hippodrome with Sandford school. We all wore Christmas jumpers and had a Christmas dinner. We had a Christmas disco ( Thank you PTFA) and someone VERY special came to visit us.
Term 1 - All About Me
This term we have been learning 'All About Me' and our surrounding area.
* We have been recognising and writing our names
* We have drawn pictures of ourselves inside and made art work of ourselves outside
* We have been learning our letters and sounds inside and outside. When we learnt m some mice came to visit
* We have been investigating how our bodies work
* We have been investigating our surrounding area. We walked into our village and took picures on our I-pads
* We have been investigating Autumn. A tortoise and some hedgehogs came to visit. Our parents came in to school to celebrate Harvest Lunch
For the first two weeks of term we have been 'Delighting in Dahl'. We learnt by heart and performed our Crocodile Song. On Tuesday we had a 'Wow Day'. We had a science assembly like ' George's Marvellous Medicine'. We made chocolate cakes suitable for Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. We went on a treasure hunt with our Year 5 buddies to find dream jars that the BFG may have made.